The forum’s main purposes are to raise awareness of the issues refugees and migrants living and working in Hackney face and to campaign on their behalf.
- Themed meetings with Hackney Council;
- Research into the needs of refugees and migrants;
- Information sharing, signposting and bespoke training;
- Campaigning in conjunction with local organisations for better education, welfare and health entitlements for refugees and migrants.
- Our Place Locality: research on improving access to health services – conducted at Kingsmead and Sorsby Health Centres in partnership with refugee groups, community organisations, and schools;
- Innovation Signposting: information and signposting for refugees and migrants;
- Hackney: a place for everyone consultation: to help shape their policies Hackney Council asked Hackney Refugee Forum to organise 6 focus groups to examine the Impacts from the last 10 years of developments in Hackney on refugees and migrants.
Hackney CVS is also part of RISE, helping refugees to find work
- ASAP (Asylum Support Appeals Project)
ASAP’s aim is to reduce destitution experienced by asylum seekers by helping them to obtain housing and welfare support. > Read more