The forum’s main purposes are to raise awareness of the issues refugees and migrants living and working in Hackney face and to campaign on their behalf.
- Themed meetings with Hackney Council
- Research into the needs of refugees and migrants
- Information sharing, signposting and bespoke training
- Campaigning in conjunction with local organisations for better education, welfare and health entitlements for refugees and migrants.
- Our Place Locality: research on improving access to health services – conducted at Kingsmead and Sorsby Health Centres in partnership with refugee groups, community organisations, and schools
- Innovation Signposting: information and signposting for refugees and migrants
Projects and services
- ASAP (Asylum Support Appeals Project). Its aim is to reduce destitution experienced by asylum seekers by helping them to obtain housing and welfare support. > Read more
- RISE is a free service to help refugees find jobs. > Read more
- Understanding Vulnerable Migrants and how they access services. > Read more
- Healthwatch Hackney Migrant Health report. > Read more
- Evaluation from Information and Signposting project. > Read more
- Report from GLA on undocumented migrant young people in London. > Read more
Migrant Health Needs Assessment > Read more
Data sources and visualisation