We will share a proposed plan for an integrated approach to engagement with Children, Young People, Maternity and Families including the introduction of a ‘CYPMF system influencer role’ and invite input, feedback and participation from voluntary and community organisations to join us in this work.
The format for the session:
1. Introduction on the proposed engagement plan and pilot programme (and summary of the Hackney Young Futures Commission asks that this project seeks to answer)
2. Informal workshop style approach to:
- Explore whether there are other groups of young people we can recruit from for this programme to represent our community as inclusively as possible and how we might engage them
- Discuss the mentor role and whether any of the participants might be willing to volunteer for this opportunity to help a young person understand and influence the system
- Invite participants to join a steering group to help shape the work moving forward
- Explore potential onward opportunities for young people through the programme to access further onward work or training opportunities in the local area (including info on a new project CAMHS/CCG are introducing to support organisations to take on young apprentices)
- Consider what a programme for parents might look like and whether any of the participants might be interested in helping us to shape that as part of this work.