This 3-hour training session will provide Adult Social Care staff with the knowledge you need to support the Slavery Safeguarding Lead (SSL).
These sessions are open to Hackney ASC staff and to all members of the CHSAB.
The session will cover:
– What trafficking and slavery are;
– Nature and scale of the issue – nationally, regionally, locally;
– Types of trafficking and slavery and how to identify them;
– Legal definitions and the Modern Slavery Act;
– Working with potential victims;
– Victim and survivors perspective;
– How to interview and engage with vulnerable persons, safeguarding approach;
– The National Referral Mechanism – what it is and completing it;
– Processes to follow and things to consider;
– Your agencies responsibilities;
– Case studies and practice identifying potential victims.
9:30-12:30 or 13:30-16:30 on 13th February 2018
Hackney Service Centre, Room 2.01, 1 Hillman Street, London E8 1DY
Read more information here.