Online conversation, Thursday 18 February 2021
There are a lot of questions around the vaccine and virus impacts for the diverse communities of Hackney and the City. In response to this, City and Hackney Healthcare Partnership, alongside Hackney CVS and community leaders, hosted an online vaccine event for our black communities.
Answering the questions of local residents and providing information were Dr. Sandra Husbands, Director of Public Health for City and Hackney and Dr. Donald Palmer, Associate Professor of Immunology. The meeting was hosted by Jake Ferguson, Chief Executive, Hackney CVS.
This was the first in a series of conversations with community groups and residents in City and Hackney.
Our panel members at the event included:
* Reverend Rosemia Brown from St James The Great Church Clapton
* Peter Merrifield, CEO of SWIM Enterprises
* Patrick Vernon, OBE, social commentator, cultural historian and health activist
* Viv Ahmun, Director, Aspire Education Group – Europe and Africa
* Janette Collins, MBE, Manager, The Crib your project
* Rosemary Jawara, Peer Educator, Beersheba Livingwell
* Toyin Agbetu, Community Educator, Ligali – Pan African, human rights organisation
* Abdi Hassan, Founder Coffee Afrique, Somali community
If you have any questions about Covid-19 or the vaccines please email: email@example.com
This event was organised by City and Hackney CCG, Hackney Council, The City of London Corporation, Hackney CVS, VCH, Healthwatch, and Public Health.