This is a new initiative hosted by Hackney CVS to help frontline organisations deliver high quality health and wellbeing services for refugees and migrants in Hackney. The network will work with a group of community organisations who are taking a leadership role on supporting refugees and migrants in Hackney.
The Migrant Support Network will work intensively with members organisations to:
- Develop consortium funding bids to strengthen service delivery
- Strengthen coordination among frontline service providers to identify and fill gaps in service delivery for refugees and migrants
- Support organisations to work towards achieving a professional accreditation to recognise the organisation’s expert capacity to deliver quality services in the community
- Provide access to expert training to support members to scale up and strengthen service delivery. Examples include navigating the health system and statutory services, care certificate, working with young people, project management, data monitoring, with other training to be decided by the members
- Work closely with the Hackney Refugee Forum to ensure information from frontline service delivery providers on issues affecting refugees and migrants reaches policy and decision makers in the borough
- Raise the profile and recognition of the important role played by refugee and migrant community groups in Hackney
For more information please contact Rosie Oglesby at firstname.lastname@example.org.
To read more about our approach to supporting Black, Asian, Minority Ethnic, Refugee and Migrant (BAMER) organisations in Hackney and some exciting future plans go to our website. Read more