Hackney Refugee Forum (HRF)
HRF’s main purpose is to campaign and raise awareness of the health, education, employment and welfare issues refugees and migrants living and working in Hackney face.
- Themed meetings with Hackney Council
- Research into the needs of refugees and migrants
- Information sharing, signposting and bespoke training
- Campaigning in conjunction with local organisations for better education, welfare and health entitlements for refugees and migrants.
- Our Place – Locality: Our research on Health Improvement at Kingsmead and Sorsby Health Centres’ capturing areas together with 3 refugee groups and local community organisations, schools and Health Centres.
- Innovation Signposting Grant a project secured from City and Hackney Clinical Commissioning Group as access to information and the available Health and Social Care services are one of the main issue for Refugee and Migrants in Hackney.
- Hackney Place To Be Consultation: To help shape their policies Hackney Council asked us to organise 6 focus groups to examine the“Impacts from the last 10 years of developments in Hackney on refugees and migrants” .
For more information contact Ali Aksoy: firstname.lastname@example.org