Training and Events
- Rise Community Action in partnership with Positive East and African Health Policy Network are holding an HIV and Wellbeing Awareness event on 1st April 2017 at 2pm at the Hackney CVS Adiaha Antigha Centre 24-30 Dalston Lane, London E8 3AZ. There will be free HIV testing, information and a personal testimony from someone living with HIV. For more information contact Janet on 07528793863.
Health and Safety Essentials. This course aims to equip learners with the basic knowledge necessary to take on health and safety responsibilities and play a part in making workplaces safer. Book here.
ReachOut is offering charities free spaces on a Barnados Train the Trainer Safeguarding Course. The course is aimed at designated safeguarding leads and/or those with responsibility for delivering safeguarding training to others, who already have some knowledge and experience of safeguarding. > Read more
- Attend self-defence classes for women and girls (aged 13 and above, no upper age limit). > Read more
- Writing for the Web Seminar. This seminar will cover the principles of writing effectively online and explore the tools and techniques needed to put these principles into practice.> Read more
- Nominate unsung heroes for Hackney Civic Awards 2017. Do you know an unsung hero whose remarkable achievements are helping make Hackney a better place to live, work or study? Then Hackney Council want to hear about them.> Read more
- The Challenge is a social integration charity and the largest provider of the NCS – a socially-mixed development programme for 15-17 year olds. NCS challenges young people individually and as a team in a number of physical and social projects and inspires them to make a difference in their local community. They are currently looking for Charity partners that they can run a social action project with or groups they can visit to share a skill. Summer dates in Hackney still available. > Read more
Funding and Jobs
- Compassionate Neighbours urgently require a full-time community development specialist with proven experience of managing and delivering tightly specified milestones for complex projects as maternity cover for 12 months. > Read more
Shoreditch Trust is recruiting a Project Coordinator for a new project, Community REACH, which will engage with women and their families to raise awareness of the purpose and value of antenatal care, its early uptake, and how and when to access care during pregnancy. > Read more
The Refugee Therapy Centre is looking to recruit a hard-working and committed individual for the post of Administrative Assistant. They are also seeking to recruit a Volunteer Mentoring Coordinator for more information email:email@example.com
- UCL are seeking to recruit a Engagement Manager. > Read more
Foyle Foundation Small Grants Scheme. Designed to support smaller charities registered and operating in the United Kingdom, especially those working at grassroots and local community level, in any field, across a wide range of activities. Please note they are not able to support individuals. > Read more
- Hackney Council - Small Grants.
Small grants of between £1,000 and £5,000 are available for projects that contribute to one or both of the two Hackney Grants Programme priorities. > Read more
- For more funding opportunities please click here.
Newsletter Submission Deadline!
- To have your news items included in our next weekly newsletter, please send in your content by the end of play on Tuesday to firstname.lastname@example.org Thank you!
Oleander Agbetu, Founder and CEO of creative Lifestyle CIC
Creative Lifestyle - a place for family learning, creativity and meeting new people
This week we hear from Oleander Agbetu, CEO of social enterprise Creative Lifestyle in a short video.
They have delivered over 30 programmes, teaching and supporting their students through creative workshops. Oleander shares how their courses are designed for family learning, creativity and meeting new people.
Their creative programmes include:
✳︎ Cake baking and Decorating
✳︎ Sewing for fashion and the home
✳︎ Natural hair maintenance
✳︎ Bring and fix it – upcycling used household items and clothes
✳︎ Jewellery making
✳︎ Soap making
✳︎ Hand knitting.
Watch our short video with Oleander here.
Visit their website here.
Follow them on Twitter:
Like them on Facebook here.