The Adiaha Antigha and Gary Francis Awards 2017. Nominate now! To nominate an individual or organisation that has gone the extra mile, or a young person that has overcome challenges please click here.
Training and Events
- Create Your Future - Taster Courses. CYF is a pre-employment project for Black, Asian, Minority Ethnic (BAME) women who are not working and not studying. They are offering a wide range of workshops and courses. > Read more
- Transport for London consultation. Working with Ageing Better Camden, Connect Hackney are hosting a joint focus group on the Mayor’s transport strategy, focusing on making public transport easier to use for older people and improving London’s streets so they are safe and accessible environments where older people can be active. They are recruiting eight older people to attend this focus group which will last approximately 3 hours. A member of the TfL stakeholder engagement team will be attending and lunch will be provided. > Read more
- Connect Hackney Focus Group on Socialising in later life. Connect Hackney are holding two focus groups on socialising after 50 – these are discussions on a set of questions related to how to stay active as you age. The conversations are non-judgemental and confidential and are a chance to share experiences and ideas on how to make Hackney a good place to grow old. The responses will be used to help us design projects for older Hackney residents. > Read more
- Empowering Parents School Education Matters. Decolonising Education will hold a series of practical workshops that will equip parents and mentors to get the tools and legal knowledge needed for the school system. > Read more
- Would you like to join University College London Hospital cancer Patient and Carer Network and make a difference to health services? UCLH Cancer Collaborative has launched a Patient and Carer Network and a Patient Experience & User Involvement Steering Group for people with recent experience of cancer treatment in north central and east London, and west Essex. > Read more
- Hackney Council is pleased to announce that Public Health is continuing to fund free and affordable community based: £1 fitness classes, free cook and eat courses and community surplus meals for its residents and workers across the borough. > Read more
- Parent Alive Treasure Outreach will be hosting a meeting about money management. This will be taking place on Saturday 30th September at 4pm. > Read more
- After Lunch a series of FREE jazz concerts for voluntary/charity organisations based in Hackney. > Read more
- Hot desking and room rental at Hackney CVS. From under £13 a day or £168 a quarter, we can offer you high quality desk rental at an exceptionally low price. Room rental. We also have a ground floor room available for rent, suitable for office use by up to three people. > Read more
- A Metropolitan Police officer is being investigated for gross misconduct over the death of Rashan Charles in London, the police watchdog has said. > Read more
Jobs and Funding
- Do you have previous grant making experience and want to make a difference in the East End? The East End Community Foundation (EECF) is looking for a Grants Officer. > Read more
The Hackney Pirates is looking to replace their current Chair/Treasurer. Would you be ready to take up one of these critical and worthwhile roles? > Read more
- Join the TCV Green Gym in Hackney every Friday. Volunteering is free, simple and no experience is necessary. It is ideal for learning new practical skills such as gardening, construction, and conservation. > Read more
Hackney Play Association is looking for experienced Playworkers to develop high quality youth services at local adventure playgrounds. > Read more
Heritage Lottery Fund: Apply for a grant of £10,000-£50,000 to help young people aged 11 to 25 to explore their heritage, from green spaces, museums, and historic sites to language, local memories and youth culture. > Read more
- Clarion Community Grants Programme is now open for applications. Through its Community Grants Programme - managed by Groundwork - it awards grants of between £1,000 and £5,000 to charities, community organisations and voluntary groups for projects which primarily benefit its residents.
> Read more
Cordwainers Grow were awarded funding to support people with mental health issues through a gardening project
Call for Grant Applications.
Peer Support Long Term Conditions
The Final Round is open! Community organisations, registered charities, registered CIC’s and social enterprises can apply for up to £4,000 to deliver Peer Support projects for residents in the City & Hackney NHS catchment area to:
• Support people to understand their long-term condition better
• Support and motivate people to better manage their own health
• Support and motivate people to make long term lifestyle changes to their diet and/or levels of exercise
• Support people to be proactively involved in drawing up their own care plans
• Support people to get the best from the healthcare system
• Help people to develop ongoing support networks.
Application form here.
Guidance document here.
Book your free of charge ‘How to apply sessions’ now!
The dates for these are as follows:
Tuesday 3rd October
Starts at 2pm (till 4pm)
Wednesday 4th October
Starts 10am (till 12noon)
Both sessions will be held at Hackney CVS
Adiaha Antigha Centre
24-30 Dalston Lane
London E8 3AZ
Booking is essential.
Please e-mail email@example.com letting us know your chosen session